August 1st 2011—NTS received notification by The 8(a) STARS II Contracting office that our offer for the GWAC was accepted on July 29, 2011. We are excited to begin marketing this versatile Professional Services Vehicle that allows us to deliver High-Technology services to any Federal Government agency in need. GSA anticipates issuing the notice to proceed in the very near future, effectively opening the contract for business.
The 8(a) STARS II GWAC is designed to promote small business utilization when purchasing information technology (IT) services or IT services-based solutions for the federal government. The 8(a) STARS II program is reserved exclusively for qualifying certified 8(a) small business concerns as the prime contractors per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 19.8.
NTS will participate under Constellation I within the following functional areas:
- FA-2 NAICS 541512 Computer Systems Design Services
- FA-3 NAICS 541513 Computer Facilities Management Services
- FA-4 NAICS 541519 Other Computer Related Services
- Multiple award, indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle
- Five-year base with one five-year option
- $10 billion program ceiling
- Directed Order Authority: Directed task orders up to $4 million each are allowed for federal civilian and Department of Defense activities*
- 8(a) socioeconomic credit transferrable to the agency
- Pre-competed, easy-to-use contracts
- Access to proven 8(a) small business technology providers
- Shortened procurement lead time
- A low user access fee (0.75 percent) built into contractor’s ceiling prices