Sr. Security Engineer
Sr. Security Engineer
Job Code: 798
NTS IS HIRING A SR. SECURITY ENGINEER! Position can be remote if not in the Richmond, VA area.
The primary duty of the Security Engineer is to work directly with our clients to achieve optimum use of their computer networks by performing needs analysis, installation, training and problem resolution for local and wide area networks. Defines and implements solutions to integrate desktop and shared devices into local and wide area networks and/or other hosted based networks. Recommends to clients appropriate computer tools including equipment, software, documentation, and training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner. Listed below are requirements representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must pass the Cisco certification exams to become a CCNA, CCDA.
- Preference given to candidates with Azure experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or concerns from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Possess ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Mental requirements include the ability to write technical reports for publication that conform to prescribed style and format as well as the ability to communicate and present information to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
This position is a salaried exempt position and the hours are between 8 and 12 hours per day.
(EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY)
NTS is a Drug Free Work Place
COVID 19 protocols in place