Systems / Network Engineer
Systems / Network Engineer
Job Code: 844
SYSTEMS / NETWORK ENGINEER
- Analyzes client’s needs, and recommends appropriate security for systems and network configurations to meet the client’s needs and standards.
- Determines systems requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements.
- Research technology standards; conducting systems and network analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Implements and maintains secure and stable systems and network technologies, server devices, and connections.
- Designs, configures, monitors, and optimizes systems by evaluating network and security technologies, developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, related systems, and network devices.
- Designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including the use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software, adhering to industry standards.
- Manage the development, testing, and deployment of software and other computer systems technologies to ensure compliance with operational requirements for security, performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; and five to ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PCNSE, CCNA, CCDA, or CCNP, Network +, Security +, and/or other similar certifications are preferred.
- Ability to develop and design network architecture and computer systems infrastructure. Experience collaborating with business partners, application development, and technical teams to develop and implement enterprise strategies and programs for managing information and technology risks.
- Experience designing systems strategy and architecture by developing solutions, frameworks, and plans for mid-to-large organizations.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or concerns from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Proven experience in designing, planning, and leading systems and network implementations securely within project and engineering teams.
Preferred candidates will be in Virginia or surrounding states as this position WILL require occasional travel to customer locations for service purposes and to determine and clarify customer requirements. Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle liability insurance that meets state minimum requirements. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
The selected person must be able to work in the United States. This position is salaried exempt. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
(EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY)
drug free workplace