Job Code: 702
- Prior low voltage cabling experience of 2 – 4 years
- Competency in the following areas
- Prior experience installing, terminating, and testing structured cabling (Cat X) and low-voltage devices utilizing project manuals and blueprints
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards
- Experience running or bending conduit, with digital multi-meters, and testing cable
- Troubleshooting networking issues
- Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels
- Fiber experience including Anaerobic Terminations, SC and LC Connectors, and Splicing a plus
- Ability to read and understand schematic and line diagrams
- Someone who is able to learn and utilize cabling deployment planning application/tools/documentation.
- Assist with the installation of all types of Fiber and Copper Cabling for customers’ needs in their Data and Voice Networks.
- Pulling and routing (CAT X) cable in a new construction commercial environment
- Terminating phone jacks and dressing and terminating distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Installing support structures such as ladders, racks, j-hooks
- Job costing skills
- Ability to review client requirements and prepare/cost out the required consumables, labor effort and duration to complete the job
- Learn as you train with the company and your co-workers
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications:
- Cross training capabilities/desires for basic network and wireless support/troubleshooting
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well with current employees of the company
- Ability to work some evening hours and some weekend hours
Some nights and weekends may be required as necessary to complete project milestones.
This position requires a COVID-19 vaccination as it will work in a healthcare setting.
(EOE AA M/F/VET/DISABILITY)