Job Code: 884
NTS has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer, supporting our mid-sized clients. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in Windows and Linux, virtualization, experience writing scripts, and SAN.
• Provide excellent customer service and consistently work to exceed customer’s expectations
• Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work independently towards goals
• Complete technical training and exams as needed for partnership levels
• Effective time management skills
• Sound troubleshooting skills with an aptitude for problem solving
• Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Must be able to perform multiple tasks, handle multiple priorities, and perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
• Execute business processes (e.g. service level agreements, hand off from engineering to operations, support requests)
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years’ experience in a Linux environment.
• Experience creating and managing storage and file systems utilizing VMware, VCenter and Hyper-V Administration.
• Experience with Network routing and switching
• Experience with supporting and deploying Windows Servers, Active Directory, Windows 7, 10, Office 365
• Experience in writing scripts with Bash, Shell, or Python. Utilizing scripts to increase productivity and implement automation for repetitive tasks in operations
• Provide escalation support for operations issues off the help desk
• Cloud experience in AWS
• 2+ years’ experience with integrated processing environments such as Storage Area Network.
Certifications desired :
• Red Hat Systems Administrator
• CompTIA A+
• CompTIA Network+
What we offer:
• Salary range: $80-100k
• Medical, LTD, STD Dental, and Vision Benefits, 401(k) matched, Paid Time Off, Professional Development Assistance, Life Insurance
Must be able to pass criminal background check, have a valid license and reliable transportation.
NTS is a drug free workplace. COVID protocols in place.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.